The Warren Forum
April 20, 2014, 11:22:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "Politicians in this city live in fear of this Web site and it affects what they do.

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Is it a conflict of interest that council candidate Kelly J. Colegio keep her city job?
Yes - 17 (77.3%)
No - 5 (22.7%)
Total Voters: 20

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Candidate Kelly Colegio - Is current city job a conflict of interest?  (Read 1645 times)
Colegio Watch

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 27, 2011, 05:45:51 AM »

At-large city council candidate Kelly J. Colegio works for the City of Warren in the Communications Department. She has every right to run for office, but is it a conflict of interest for her to keep working for the city while running as a candidate?
Spot,the dog

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 05:49:51 AM »

I would think that since she is the 'outreach' coordinator, that she could definitely use that position to her advantage.  I understand there is a fundraiser on June 15 for her and the Mayor expects all his appointees to help her as she is a team player!  Roll Eyes
MaschAvenue
Anti-Totem Pole

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 06:04:23 AM »

If handled properly, there is not a conflict.  I believe she has every right to run for council.

PC Load Letter?  What the heck does that mean?
GeoBow

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 06:06:09 AM »

Isn't Fouts' ability to kick other politicians out of events while he allows himself to be a key speaker a conflict of interest?  He has used his position as mayor to campaign.  We've seen it at the State of the City address, at the budget hearings....pretty much any time he has any reason to be in public he is there and trying to turn the event into a political rally for himself.  If you remember, he used the same approach while on city council.  Also, let's not forget the city calendars that are packed full of HIM, and have photos of him on election months.
yogi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 01:24:43 PM »

I believe it is a major conflict.  I think if the background is done she will have to resign if elected if not right now. 
Colegio Watch

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2011, 06:04:27 AM »

Will Kelly Colegio be allowed to continue as the host of a show on TV Warren now that she is a candidate?

Will Cecil St. Pierre and Jim Fouts be allowed to keep their shows during this election?
Hans Gruber

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2011, 06:14:29 AM »

Are there rules about being on local cable access during an election season?

"When they touch down, we'll blow the roof, they'll spend a month sifting through rubble, and by the time they figure out what went wrong, we'll be sitting on a beach, earning twenty percent."
Spot,the dog

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2011, 06:19:08 AM »

If there is a case regarding being on TV during an election if you are running for office, then the council meetings shouldn't be televised.  Candidates use the audience participation as a soap box for their candidacy.  I cannot imagine any of these shows with Colegio or St. Pierre have a large fan base.
Colegio Watch

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2011, 06:26:52 AM »

I cannot imagine any of these shows with Colegio or St. Pierre have a large fan base.

I doubt that any of the shows on TV Warren have a large fan base.

That isn't the point.

If they, as candidates, may have shows while running for office, wouldn't every candidate have the same equal time on TV Warren?

Ronald Papandrea could have a show about historical prostitution in some obscure Native American tribe. Gloria Sankuer could have a show about her good old days working in City Hall. Eugene Sawyer could rant for 30 minutes as opposed to 3 minutes during audience.

Where does one draw the line?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 06:28:34 AM by Colegio Watch » Logged
JeanC

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2011, 10:36:13 AM »

Perhaps the city lawyers could answer that conflict of interest ?
Colegio Watch

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2011, 05:38:58 AM »

TV Warren Shows

Check out:

'Community Matters' #1 (Colegio)
'Fouts Forum'- Ronald Reagan (Fouts)
'Point of Law'- Taxes (St. Pierre)

Do these shows belong on TV Warren while the hosts are candidates for office?
Spot,the dog

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2011, 03:57:13 PM »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Looks like she is ready..professional Patrick Studio photo.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: